It's now the end of August. So how's it coming along?
*goes and roots around cupboards, under beds, down the back of the settee for 83 minutes*
Let's have a look inside it. Yep. Untouched since that February post.
This, ladies and gentlemen, categorically and undeniably proves I'm the carefree, cool, nonchalant, easy going mother I always knew I could be. Kerchiiiing! It might even mean I'm not a weirdo (if only people would be willing to ignore the fact that I write this blog, which being honest, when you consider that I have catalogued each bathtime, burp and bowel movement of every single day in the last year, does sadly, make me sound like an actual gen-u-ine lunatic).
Anyway, if you've come to this post expecting an update on the Baby Book, well...that's it. Absolutely nowt's happened in it. Much like the company it keeps in our front bedroom, it has been long forgotten like:
- The aforementioned unwritten Christening 'Thank You' cards
- A set of baby massage cue cards that have never been used/put away since we completed the course in March
- A points card for Costa Coffee obtained in December that has never made it s way into my purse
- An unused 'BabaSling' infant carrier that was an impulse buy the week before The Poop was born that has still yet to be Ebayed
- A collection of handbooks/pamphlets/leaflets for various baby products - Betty's pram, car seat, steriliser, cot mattress - which will never, ever be needed, but likewise will never, ever be thrown away. Just in case.
- A lovely little baby growth height chart thingy that you can insert your own 'baby at different heights' photos into. Betty is already taller than three of the photo places and still it sits being a 'nice idea'* on the spare bed
*'Nice idea' - a present someone buys you which in theory, is a thoughtful and innovative gift, but unfortunately, due to it requiring a tiny bit of effort on your part, never makes its way out of the packaging.
- A myriad of bits - keyrings, coppers, till receipts, a single AAA battery, assorted bits of fluff, a pen lid, a snapped bobble, four paperclips and one of those gold round backs off the underside of a pin badge - all of which just need swiftly scooping into the bin, but instead reside forever in a random plastic tub or desk drawer until the end of time.
Having now rooted about a bit in the gubbins surrounding the Baby Book, I feel compelled to kid myself into believing that I am going to do something to tidy up a bit.
*slides Costa Coffee card into purse*
Ah there. That's better.